- Wrist strap - the Gordy's wrist strap came from the previous owner of the camera. It was soft and aged well, and felt really good and secure so I kept using it. I prefer it more than the regular neck straps because I like to hold the camera while I walked. I've also written a post before showing my unconventional way of connecting to another neck strap when I need two free hands [HERE].
- Thumbs Up - manufactured by Match Technical Services, it also came from the previous owner. The curl brass hardware provides the perfect resting place for my thumb as I grip the camera. It's great for pulling the camera out of the bag, and helps me stabilize the camera while shooting. Since it brassed well and match the rest of the camera, I didn't feel the need to replace it.
- Soft release - I bought this little brass tab that screws onto the release button for about $2. I never felt the need for it before I got it, and now I wouldn't consider taking it off. I think it's suppose to allow you to click the shutter with less camera movement, but I just find it comfortable.
- Leica M9 Handgrip - officially made by Leica, can be bought from Amazon. If you were to get it, there are two versions, so make sure you buy the one that matches the leatherette pattern of your camera. I had a leather half-case before that had a built-in grip, but I wanted a bigger grip and found this to be much more useful. This also serve as the bottom plate of the camera, so when I need to change battery, I only need to take off the grip, instead of leather case plus grip.
- Leica 1.4X magnifier - just got this recently for shooting with 50mm or longer lenses. With the 50mm frameline, this magnifier enlarge it to be about the same size as the regular 35mm frameline. It also enlarge the focus patch so it's much easier to see if things are in focus. However, I think the best bonus is that it brings the viewfinder magnification to be close to 1:1, which allows me to look through the viewfinder with both eyes open and have the two eyes match. It also came with a little cable and pouch so it won't be dropped or lost. [Amazon link]
Time to show off some accessories I've accumulated for the M9 for the past 6 months... I've tried many, and the ones I like stayed on the camera.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.